Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Crafters Companion April Challenge- Florals

This month's Crafter's Companion Challenge is florals! I thought this sweet Crafters Companion image, Bamboo Party Paws would be perfect for the challenge! 

To create the polaroid photo, I embossed two frames and cut out the center. Next I colored two images and placed them behind the cutaway section of the polaroid. (you only need a bit of the one image colored since most of it is getting covered with the top polaroid.)

Supplies Used:
Spectrum Noir colors: TB1, BT1, IB1, OR1, GB6, GB7, CG2, IG1, IG2, IG5, IG8, BP1
Darice Folder- Picture Opening

Head on over to Facebook to find all the details and link up an entry! 

Monday, April 21, 2014

Stampendous and Dreamweavers

Stampendous is teaming up with Dreamweavers this week! Lots of gorgeous inspiration in store for you from the design teams!

Check out that shimmer! Love the Pearlescent Embossing Paste for adding that special touch to layouts and cards! 

Supplies Used:
Stampendous Jumbo Cling Peacock
Spectrum Noir (IB2, IB3, GB3, TB8, CG2)

Be sure to hop on over to all the blogs and leave some love!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Eggs....

I dug out an old photo of my son dying Easter Eggs a few years ago for this fun clear layout. 

I thought the Paint Splatter Mascil from Clear Scraps would make an awesome background for an Easter Egg layout. Luckily my desk did not look as colorful as this background paper after my son got done dying eggs, LOL!

These Acrylic Alphabet embellishments from Clear Scraps are awesome for creating a fun clear title on a clear layout! 

Supplies Used: 
Stampendous- Paisley Egg H273, Decorated Eggs Q150 (note: both are retired but can be found at online at Amazon), Discover Today Clear Stamps (new release)
Distress Ink
Basic Grey alphabet stickers

Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Taste Of India Blog Hop...

I'm excited to be sharing two of the newest Sheena A Taste Of India stamp sets, Mandala and Marching Elephant.

I stamped the lace border to create a frame. A card blank is adhered behind the frame to create the card. Next I colored and cut out the elephant. All that was left to do was add a sentiment and adhere the elephant with foam adhesive. 

Spectrum Noir colors: IG2, IG3, BG1, CG2, PL3
Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored pencil colors: 120 (black)

Prize Information ~ Comment to Win!

1) Crafter's Companion will randomly select SIX (6) comments from the designers blog hop posts and each will win one of the great new sets from 'A Taste of India' Range.

2) Crafter's Companion will also randomly select TWO (2) comments from theCrafter's Companion Blog post, and each winner will have their choice of one set from the beautiful 'A Taste of India' stamp sets.

Participants may add comments to any of the blog hop posts on the Crafter's Companion Blog or the designers blogs {list below}, now through Monday, April 21st until 11pm (ET)/8pm (PT).Winners will be selected on Tuesday (April 22nd) and announced on the Crafter's Companion Blog on Wednesday, April 22nd.  

Now it's time to hop!  Don't forget to leave some love along the way so that YOU can be a winner!

    Friday, April 11, 2014

    Sheena's Taste Of India

    Today I am sneaking a peek at one of the newest Crafters Companion stamps that will soon be hitting the store! Introducing Sheena's Taste of India. 

    I stamped three of the flower image, colored them in with markers and pencils and cut them out. I layered up the flowers with foam adhesive. 

    Crafters Companion Supplies Used:
    Spectrum Noir colors: CT1, CT2, HB1, HB3
    Colored Pencils: 57, 49, 18, 14, 90

    Saturday, April 5, 2014

    Barkley at Crafters Companion

    The super cute Barkley is now available in acrylic over at Crafters Companion!  Check out the adorable paper pad and embossing folders in the Barkley line! 

    Spectrum Noir colors: IG1, IG3, IG6, IG8, CR1, CR7, HB1, HB3, CG2, CG3, CT1, CT4, BG1, blender

    Friday, April 4, 2014

    Fun in the Sun

    Today I'm sharing a layout I did for Clear Scraps using three different products, three different ways. 

    First up is dry embossing with the new Cloud Mixers. The thick acrylic of the Mixers make them perfect for dry embossing. Lay the Mixer on the front of your layout, flip the cardstock over and emboss using a stylus. You can use a lightbox to help. 

    Next I stenciled acrylic paint over tags using the Polka Dot Mascil. This is one of my favorite Mascils! (note: to create the texture and color on the tags, I spread gesso thick on the tag allowed it to dry and then colored the tags with Gelatos. 

    And finally I used the Fun in the Sun Small Expressions for my title. I colored the front of the acrylic word with a KaiserFusion Alcohol marker. On the back I painted on white acrylic paint. I wiped off some of the paint before it was completely dry to create texture.

    Supplies Used:
    Clear Scrap (Cloud MixersPolka Dots MascilFun In Sun Small Expression), KaiserFusion markers, acrylic paint, Faber Castell Gelatos, washi tape